We will walk along the most beautiful part of the Donostia-Getaria stage of St. James’s Way accompanied by an experienced local guide. For a greater convenience and enjoyment we will begin our route by bus and begin the walk avoiding the initial steep paths of the route. After walking along the beautiful area of Igeldo-Mendizorrotz we will arrive in Orio. This route takes around 2h15 at an average walking speed but including the different technical and explanatory stops it will take us around 3.30 minutes.
At the end of the route we will offer you a gastronomic experience in which you will taste our local products and then you can visit Orio and enjoy its historic quarter or its cosy beach. We will return to San Sebastian using the public bus service which costs around €2. (not included in the price of the excursion).
Departure: 10.00 a.m., it is essential to be on time since the bus leaves at 10.00 a.m. The return will be approximately at 16.30.
Meeting point: plaza de Xabier Zubiri, in front of the Hotel Londres
Book now: .
Whatsapp: + 34 646 721 103
Telephone: + 34 943 226 390/+ 34 646 721 103
You will only need suitable walking boots or shoes, water bottle, hat, suntan lotion, sunglasses and comfortable clothes, as well as an umbrella or raincoat in case of rain.
This walking excursion, in which we will see how and where many of the products that reach our table are produced, would be incomplete without a gourmet meal at the end of it.
In a very special place, well sheltered in case of bad weather, while enjoying stunning views we will taste mouth watering home-grown vegetable products that have not travelled miles to our table. We are assessed by professional chefs to offer you a quality healthy meal adapted to the physical exercise done and very tasty the same time.
A typical meal includes (there might be slight variations):
- - The most traditional “pintxo” (bite-size snack) : Gilda (green pepper, olive and anchovy)
- - Home-grown vegetable salad
- - Traditional fish conserves (bonito fish and anchovies)
- - Duck artisan bites
- - Local Cheese tasting
- - Basque pastries and artisan chocolate.
- - Fruit
- - White wine (Designation of Origin Txakoli de Getaria) y red (Designation of Origin Rioja).
Slow Walking team will tell you about the characteristics of each product and their elaboration. You will be able to purchase some local products and we will send them to your hotel or home. Ask the guide for more information.
€65 per person
• Transport to the departure point.
• Route led and explained by a guide
• Meal with quality local products to top off the excursion.
• Transport from Orio back to Donosti. The guide will offer you advice on the best way to return to Donosti and will take you to the departure place of your choice).
• Personal expenses and tips for the guide (not obligatory).
CUSTOMISE THIS TOUR JUST FOR YOU
Are you an independent traveller and love to walk with your family and/or friends? You can customize our services and have a guide just for you and your party.
This possibility is available any day of the week in English, French and German. You can decide when to set off and how long to walk, you can also choose the products for your meal.
Price: € 200 + € 100 per person.
The price includes transport back to the hotel in San Sebastian.